PROTECTING CRASH VICTIMS & THEIR FAMILIES
- $750,000 settlement for a young woman who sustained a head injury after a roll-over crash on I-70.
- $625,000 settlement for a motorcycle crash in Broomfield, Colorado.
- $569,000 Jury Verdict for a Bicycle Fatality in Gunnison, Colorado.
- $300,000 Settlement for a dog bite in Loveland, Colorado after Lawsuit was filed.
- $275,000 combined settlement for a woman injured in a head-on collision causing neck injuries that required cervical surgery.
- $275,000 for a Boulder cyclist injured when he was struck by a camper shell that flew off a nearby pickup truck as the truck was involved in a collision.
- $250,000 Policy limits settlement for car crash on Snowy Road, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
- $200,000 for a Denver man who sustained low back injuries after being rear-ended on I-25. There was only $2,200 in damage to his vehicle and the insurance company tried to argue that since this was a “low-impact” crash, he could not have been seriously injured.
- $100,000 liability policy limits settlement for Lakewood woman injured when she was rear-ended on a local highway.
- $100,000 liability policy limits for an Arvada cyclist who suffered a broken leg when his bike was struck by a pickup truck turning left without yielding the right of way to our client’s oncoming bike.
- $82,000 for a Denver cyclist rear-ended by a car that was unable to stop on icy roads.
- $50,000 for a Boulder cyclist injured in a bike crash with a vehicle that made a left turn without yielding the right of way to him at a traffic light.
- $39,000 for a Boulder cyclist injured in a bike crash with a vehicle that made a left turn without yielding to her as she rode in a marked Boulder bike lane.
Dale Thomas, on June 21, 2017, a civil jury of nine Coloradans serving in the United States District Court in Denver found negligence on the part of AZ Asphalt, LLC, and on the part of Saul Diaz-Sabas, its employee driver, and determined damages totaling $568,810.00 against AZ Asphalt et al in the wrongful death of Dale Thomas.
Please download a copy of our Colorado Auto Crash Guidebook to find out other questionable strategies that any insurance company (including American Family, State Farm, Farmers, Progressive, GEICO, and USAA) may use to deny liability in your case.
Harmon vs. New, Denver District Court. In this case, our client was rear-ended at low speed by a woman who claimed a “sudden-emergency” defense after a vehicle in front of her changed lanes. The Defendant’s insurance company, State Farm, also denied that the crash caused our client’s injuries and her need for subsequent shoulder surgery. Despite a clear rear-end crash and over $120,000.00 in crash-related medical treatment, State Farm tried to argue that the crash was our client’s fault and only offered $15,000.00. At trial, we were able to discredit State Farm’s expert witness and show the jury that the crash was caused by the Defendant’s failure to exercise reasonable care. Further, the jury agreed with our client, and her treating doctors, that all medical care was a direct result of this crash. They awarded our client over $200,000.00 including interest and costs.
Please download a copy of our Colorado Auto Crash Guidebook (PDF) for a more detailed explanation of why you must have an experienced, trial-proven personal injury lawyer in your corner in a low-impact auto crash case.
“Brian was absolutely fantastic! Juggling the chaos that comes with an accident was overwhelming to say the least. Calling Brian was the best choice I could have made. He immediately referred me to a medical provider so that I could be seen that day. The medical provider was also fantastic - so trust Brian on his referrals!! His paralegal, Cathie, is SUCH a sweetheart. I always thoroughly enjoyed interacting with her. At the end of it all, I was awarded much more than I was expecting. Despite the aggravation of an accident overall, Brian made my whole experience smooth and stress free! Thank you!!! If you want an attorney that’s in your court - call Brian!!!” - Brianna G. in Denver, Colorado
I was a victim of hit & run accident and was referred by a friend to Weiss Law firm. Brian, I can’t thank you enough. You’re an outstanding attorney. You always consummate professionals, compassion and patience! You always called back and responded to emails very quickly. You’re knowledgeable. Your guidance certainly eased the stress of handling this matter myself. Once again I appreciate your time and work to bring this case to a close. I’m so happy with the outcomes. I wish you the best with your firm and the cases you take on Brian. Next time someone asks me if I know any accident attorney, you bet I do. I highly recommend Brian!” – Vanessa N. in Parker, Colorado
“Brian helped me when I needed it the most. I called him the day after my accident, and within 24 hours he helped get me settled on my way to a fair and life changing claim. He was there with me the whole way, answered my questions, was professional. Most importantly, and at a difficult time in my life, helped get me settled through it. I am very grateful for his help. If you want a good accident attorney, who will represent you well, call Brian Weiss.” – David D. in Denver, Colorado